Thursday 23 January 2014

Collective Beauty Haul!


My skin has been playing up recently and my acne has come back in full force. I have been prescribed some treatment by the doctor in the past and even though it worked after a few weeks, it's leaves my skin looking like I have had a chemical peel and is very harsh on the skin. Before jumping straight back into it I wanted to see if I could find any other products that would work instead. I also picked up some make-up to help me cover it until it clears up and a few other non essential make-up bits!

Here are the skincare bits...

KIKO eyes rescue £11.50, Ren Clearcalm 3 Clarifying clay cleanser £18.00, Soap & Glory Dr Spot currently on offer at £5.33, RRP £8.00.

The first thing I picked up was the Ren Clarifying Clay Cleanser. I have heard a lot about Ren lately and the fact that they are known as a 'clean' skincare brand stood out to me. This cleanser was reviewed on Caroline Hiron's blog (she is a skincare goddess) and got a 5/5 so I thought it would be a great starting point. I have been using it a few weeks now so expect a review to come soon!

I also repurchased the Effaclar duo from Amazon, however it is un-pictured because it still hasn't arrived yet, despite me ordering it on the 10th! I am very annoyed about this as I need it like, right now! So yesterday, I caved and went to boots. They didn't have the Effaclar duo in stock but I picked up the Dr Spot from Soap and Glory after hearing great things about it and have been applying it religious since, I will let you know how it works!

This month my eye cream ran out and I was so pleased to get this KIKO one. I had seen the eyes rescue talked about by Ruth from A Model Recommends and had it in the back of my mind to try next time round, so far, so good!

Now for the make-up…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Make-up £28.50, KIKO eyeshadow palette currently on offer at £8.40 RRP £16.90, Topshop Cheek Duo £12.50, KIKO eyebrow marker £5.90.

To cover my skin until it clears up, I picked up the Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover make-up. I use it as a concealer before my foundation and it does a bloody good job! I have used it before and loved it so I knew it was a good investment.

With KIKO, you have to spend a minimum of £25 on their website and as I wanted the eyes rescue cream, I had to purchase a few other things to make up the amount. This palette was reviewed on a few other blogs and it looked so gorgeous! At half price, I couldn't resist!

The Topshop cheek duo I have already reviewed here.

The eyebrow marker was the last thing I got to make up my £25 and as my current Avon eyebrow pencil was coming to an end, I thought it worked out quite well. I haven't tried this out yet but I'm excited as I have never used one of these marker type things on my brows before!

So that is everything I got recently. I am sure I will be doing a review on most of it, if not all of it soon! If there is anything specific you want a review of let me know :)


What have you been buying recently? What are your skin saviours?

Kerry
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram 

6 comments:

  1. That pallet looks lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I can't wait to use it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that palette so pretty!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. kilts for sale you should buy this for men- Scottish and Welsh

    If you are searching kilts for sale then you are in right place our sports company
    will helps to solve your problems.
    kilts for sale you should buy this for men- Scottish and Welsh kilts - available online at a cheap rate.
    Scottish kilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete